Destination: Thailand: Phuket
Phuket’s reputation as Thailand’s swankiest island belies its regional nuances. The sea may be most sublime to swim in and watch sparkle on Pansea Beach but for lovers there is no lovelier walk than the one along Mai Khao. Those seeking instant access to outside dining, shopping and nightlife will want to position themselves near Patong or along Kata Beach; while those seeking simply to retreat have a number of exceptional refuges to choose among.
Eat…with your feet in the sand at Naoki
Savor…a day’s worth of treatments at the award-winning Banyan Tree spa
Visit…Wat Chalong, Phuket’s largest and most important Buddhist temple
See…the island from above by booking a helicopter tour
Skip…the crowds of Patong and Phuket Town, hopelessly overrun with low-budget travelers
Know…that the best time to visit is late November through early April, when the temperatures hover between 80 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit (the rainy season is May through October)
Search By Keyword
From super-future cities to remote countryside, China offers an incredible...
The Pacific Northwest has a refreshingly quirky spirit and best...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.