A longtime Aspen transplant summed up the town’s charm by saying, “It’s small town and big world at the same. You never know whether you are going to ride the chair lift with a sultan, a senator or a ski bum, and all can be just as grateful about getting to be here.” The same is true in summer, only rather than sharing a chair lift, you are probably sharing a hiking trail or a restaurant terrace.
In this report: The area’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the shopping scene under Where to Shop, and great insider recommendations in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…in the new ski in-ski out Residences at the Little Nell.
EXPERIENCE…hiking in summertime Aspen with these trusted guides.
SPLURGE…on a blissful afternoon at the Remède Spa in the St. Regis.
EAT…in Aspen’s best local hot spots
DRINK…with the locals après-ski at the popular spot Ajax Tavern.
SAVOR… sixty kilometers of beautifully groomed cross-country ski trails.
VISIT…during the summer for the always sold-out Aspen Ideas Festival.
SEE…your kids turn into culinary whizzes at Kiddie Cookers
SHOP…for chic fashion and accessories at Distractions, Imelda and Nuages.
KNOW…where to go for a lively apres-ski scene
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.