Search By Keyword
Results for "Related to 'Gallerie dell’Accademia'" Displaying 10 of 5727 Results
Firenze, famously dubbed the “city of stone" by writer Mary McCarthy, regards itself as a living museum. And considering it has counted among its residents the likes of Michelangelo, Raphael,...
Reporting on cities that have been attracting tourists for hundreds of years is both a privilege and a challenge.
Italy's most fabled region abounds with stunning countryside, vineyards and old-world European towns.
Star couturiers and luxury boutiques have transformed Milan into Italy’s most chic, modern metropolis, one brimming with attitude.
Italy's third-biggest lake is the center of a region that's both natural and civilized, decadent and low-key, enormous and intimate.
“Rome is a city that’s growing,” declared its last mayor, “and doesn’t fear what is new”—even if most visitors come to see its ancient treasures.
Despite its jet set status, Capri is also an ethereal, soulful island, especially its stunning, fragrant landscapes.
Writer D. H. Lawrence once described Sardinia as “lost between Europe and Africa and belonging to nowhere.”
The Amalfi Coast is a place where land, sea and sky strike a note of such otherworldly perfection that the region is best approached by boat in order to take...
A hiker's paradise, the Italian Dolomites offers glorious landscapes and charming, authentic hotels and restaurants.
The largest island in the Mediterranean has incredible historic sites, passionate locals and a food scene to impress any gourmet.
London is nudging past New York as the world’s financial capital and the ripple effects are being felt all over town. From Russian oligarchs to freshly-minted hedge fund traders, a...
The only other city in Europe that comes close to being as perfectly beautiful as Prague is Venice. Now, its extraordinary architecture has been restored after decades of neglect and...
Now that many of its beloved museums and monuments have undergone facelifts, it's time to revisit the City of Angels.
Palace hotels and painted elephants are part of the colorful exoticism of Jaipur, a city that offers a dazzling immersion into the riches of India.
St. Barth’s has a rhythm of its own that mixes l’art de vivre with a laid-back tropical ease. What's new; where to stay and shop.
The city by the Charles is a cultural hub full of wonderful museums, fine dining and hip shopping.
The Spanish capital is buzzing with revamped hotels, authentic restaurants and a vibrant art scene.
In recent years, Dallas has emerged as a vibrant, fast-growing art destination, drawing connoisseurs who come for weekend-long pilgrimages to explore the riches.
Known for her innovative, colorful glass creations based on traditional Venetian designs, Marie Brandolini has been based in Venice since 1987. The atelier where she creates her line of glasware...
The stunning contemporary art museum, which opened in 2009 to coincide with the Venice Biennale, showcases the blue-chip collection of French collector Francois Pinault. Whether you love or loathe Pinault’s...
Ca’ d’Oro’s façade may no longer be gold, as the name suggests, but this palazzo is one of the best preserved along the Grand Canal, and lovers of Gothic Byzantine-style...
In a 17th century villa in the Dorsoduro district near the Accademia Bridge is a treasure of a pensione, or bed-and-breakfast, that has pretty gardens, twenty-five comfortable antiques-filled rooms and...
Full disclosure: my first visit to the Uffizi was one of my greatest art and travel letdowns. I could not grasp how a museum that’s often mentioned alongside the Met,...
The art buzz about town during my recent Florence visit was the reopening of the Museo Bardini, on the left bank of the Arno, which had been closed for renovations...
Search By Keyword
An outrageous shape-shifter, Myanmar is finally emerging from its troubled...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.