Search By Keyword
Results for "Related to 'Amsterdams Historisch Museum (Amsterdam Historical Museum)'" Displaying 10 of 3302 Results
The Dutch capital is the kind of city where you'll have the most fun blending into the local scene, by exploring on foot, bike and boat.
New York is at a new zenith of creativity, with exciting new hotels, restaurants, galleries and shops.
Marrakech has it all: history, romance, atmosphere. It exudes a happening, hip vibe, but it also has a sterling pedigree. If you’re looking for an indulgent time in an exotic...
Places with a history of overlapping cultures tend to be especially rich destinations—and perhaps, none more so than Istanbul.
The Balkan country has a rich and turbulent history and a spectacular coastline that's been dubbed the next Riviera.
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow, history holds sway, and you can eat and shop extraordinarily well.
In the Greek capital, ancient history informs the tastes, sounds and experiences of modern life.
The largest city in Vietnam, the bustling metropolis has a fascinating history and is worth exploring, especially if you are en route to a river cruise in the Mekong.
Caribbean-style beautiful with lazy golden beaches and jaw-dropping Nevis Peak, the island centers around the family-friendly Four Seasons.
A trip to this amazing, compelling country can be a vacation, history lesson, religious pilgrimage or cultural experience—one at a time or all the time.
Topping the travel list for many active adventurers, Chilean Patagonia offers excitement and activities for all ages.
China's embrace of capitalism is transforming this historic city into an urban marvel for this century. Come witness its rise.
Now that many of its beloved museums and monuments have undergone facelifts, it's time to revisit the City of Angels.
Firenze, famously dubbed the “city of stone" by writer Mary McCarthy, regards itself as a living museum. And considering it has counted among its residents the likes of Michelangelo, Raphael,...
The city by the Charles is a cultural hub full of wonderful museums, fine dining and hip shopping.
Bangkok is one of Asia's most complex capitals, with incredible historic sights, a diverse food scene and welcoming locals.
Greece’s largest island offers a mix of glamorous hotels, beautiful beaches and historic ruins.
Still considered somewhat of a traveler’s secret, Jordan is home to a number of the world’s most extraordinary historical sites, including the “Lost City” of Petra, the Roman ruins of...
The largest island in the Mediterranean has incredible historic sites, passionate locals and a food scene to impress any gourmet.
The Netherlands: Amsterdam: What to See & Do: Museums & Galleries: Amsterdams Historisch Museum (Amsterdam Historical Museum)
This excellent, informative, high-tech museum, occupying a massive 17th-century former orphanage, is a must-visit for those wanting an overview of Amsterdam’s (and, by extension, Holland’s) history. Its expansive collection is...
Those interested in seeing what life was like in 19th-century Amsterdam should head to this double-sized canal house, formerly a private home, dating to 1672. An opulent marble staircase with...
Admittedly, the image of the Amsterdammer on a bicycle is as clichéd as that of the Gouda girl in a tulip field, but the capital’s citizen are serious about their...
Ground zero for design aficionados, this Dutch design collective opened in 1993 and is still on the leading edge. Located in a beautiful old canal house near Café de Jaren...
Visitors to this museum should understand that Van Gogh’s best-known works are not in Amsterdam but in museums around the world: the Musée d’Orsay, in Paris, for instance holds one...
An Indagare member recently traveled to London with her two young children and wanted them to experience all the highlights of the capital in one weekend. London is not designed...
The cofounder of Bespoke Tokyo shares his top picks in the Japanese capital: FAVORITE HOTELS The Grand Hyatt (81-3-4333-1234; tokyo.grand.hyatt.com) in Roppongi Hills is my pick for location and outstanding...
Search By Keyword
Amazing wildlife and sensational safari camps are keys to why...
To quote the renowned historian Alan Morehead, "Anyone who can...
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.