Search By Keyword
Results for "Related to 'Baci Ceremony '" Displaying 10 of 476 Results
A designated Unesco World Heritage site, Laos' former royal capital has stunning ancient temples.
A fascinating mix of tradition and contemporary life, 1,200-year-old Kyoto has a wealth of Japanese culture, including some 2,000 temples and shrines.
A trip to this amazing, compelling country can be a vacation, history lesson, religious pilgrimage or cultural experience—one at a time or all the time.
The town of Luang Prabang is famous for its more than thirty wats (temples) that are scattered throughout the town, happily coexisting besides schools, boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Many of...
This privately-owned elephant camp was started German Markus Peschke, one of the first foreigners to found a travel company in Laos in the late 1990s. Located about a 30-minute drive...
Writes Indagare member Pamela Murdock: We participated in a very moving ceremony known as Su Khouan (Calling of the Soul), at the Amantaka just before sunset. We were met by...
Writes Indagare member Pamela Murdock: “Every morning around 5.30 to 6 a.m. is the Tak Bat, where the monks and novices of the 30-plus temples accept alms (sticky rice) from...
Writes Indagare member Pamela Murdock: The old royal palace is a fascinating place. The main building, which was built in 1904, was taken over by the government after the 1975...
Search By Keyword
The country's most stunning landscapes and exhilarating outdoor activities center...
Beautiful and not overrun with tourists, this island off the...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.