Search By Keyword
Results for "Related to 'Luang Prabang Wats '" Displaying 10 of 10690 Results
A designated Unesco World Heritage site, Laos' former royal capital has stunning ancient temples.
A fascinating mix of tradition and contemporary life, 1,200-year-old Kyoto has a wealth of Japanese culture, including some 2,000 temples and shrines.
Home to the some of the happiest people on earth, Bhutan is a country of peaks and valleys, temples and spirituality.
The only other city in Europe that comes close to being as perfectly beautiful as Prague is Venice. Now, its extraordinary architecture has been restored after decades of neglect and...
Now that many of its beloved museums and monuments have undergone facelifts, it's time to revisit the City of Angels.
Aspen’s dry climate, ample sunshine and four mountains provide a ski experience that is unforgettable.
A first-hand account of a philanthropic “reality" trip to Zambia that transforms the California families who sign up.
Reporting on cities that have been attracting tourists for hundreds of years is both a privilege and a challenge.
“Rome is a city that’s growing,” declared its last mayor, “and doesn’t fear what is new”—even if most visitors come to see its ancient treasures.
Long considered a tax haven for an international crowd of wealthy expats, the principality is quickly outgrowing that worn cliché.
Today, this desert city specializes in delivering fun 24/7—whatever that may mean for you.
Palace hotels and painted elephants are part of the colorful exoticism of Jaipur, a city that offers a dazzling immersion into the riches of India.
St. Barth’s has a rhythm of its own that mixes l’art de vivre with a laid-back tropical ease. What's new; where to stay and shop.
The so-called "gateway of the Americas" is a vibrant, rapidly changing city that is fast becoming a chic cultural destination.
The best of the Riviera Maya, a gorgeous coastline that's turning into one of the fastest-growing resort areas in Mexico.
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s just how locals and loyal visitors like it.
This island has unspoiled coral reefs and protected lagoons so gorgeous that the painter Matisse dubbed them the seventh wonder of the world.
Discover the best beach hideaways in the area that Brazilians call "the land of happiness."
The town of Luang Prabang is famous for its more than thirty wats (temples) that are scattered throughout the town, happily coexisting besides schools, boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Many of...
Luang Prabang centers around this steep hill, which is topped by gilded Wat Chom Si, one of the town’s main Buddhist Temples. It’s tiny on the inside but the gilded...
Writes Indagare member Pamela Murdock: With over thirty temples, there’s lots to see and almost everywhere you look, the city is charming and exotic. Wonderful Lao architecture is mixed with...
An Indagare Insider based in Bangkok recommends this guest house, one of the most-established in Luang Prabang. It’s located on the main drag Sakkaline but further towards Xiengthong Temple, so...
One of the first hotels to open in Luang Prabang, in 1992, La Résidence has been managed by Orient-Express since 2006 and is one of southeast Asia’s most beautiful properties....
Writes Indagare member Pamela Murdock: “Every morning around 5.30 to 6 a.m. is the Tak Bat, where the monks and novices of the 30-plus temples accept alms (sticky rice) from...
Search By Keyword
Insider picks from Athens and the best island, including Mykonos,...
Eco safari camps, recommended outfitters, plus an amazing house rental...
Imagine a boater’s paradise of small islands with deserted beaches...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.