Search By Keyword
Results for "Related to 'Santiago & Easter Island '" Displaying 10 of 2345 Results
Home to dozens of unsolved mysteries, the island known as Rapa Nui delights and stumps visitors. What to expect from this remote destination.
The group of islands has gorgeous beaches, perfect weather, fabulous snorkeling and a wonderful sense of place.
With hiking trails, scenic waterfalls, hidden villages and luxury resorts, the Big Island is an otherworldly slice of paradise.
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s just how locals and loyal visitors like it.
Unspoiled beaches and pampering resorts make the BVIs a top choice for a romantic escape.
Perfect for nature lovers: the incredible lodges of the North and South Island.
Despite its jet set status, Capri is also an ethereal, soulful island, especially its stunning, fragrant landscapes.
To get the most out of a visit to the region's largest and most complicated island, you need insiders' tips.
Insider picks from Athens and the best island, including Mykonos, Santorini and lesser-known Paros.
A discriminating guide to discovering the simple pleasures of summer on one of New England's loveliest islands.
A brilliant mix of new arrivals and old favorites are revitalizing New England's beloved island resort.
There’s something mysterious and irresistible about the Spanish island of Ibiza.
The French islands of Porquerolles and Port-Cros offer breathtaking cliffs, shimmering turquoise coves and fine beaches.
The mountainous island in the West Indies is transforming into the Caribbean's new hot spot.
A first-hand account of a wildlife cruise to this unforgettable archipelago.
Indagare member, Liza Nugent recently took her family to Chile and then further afield to Easter Island. Here are her thoughts from this special trip. ‘My husband was adamant about...
Another high-end option on Easter Island, Hangaroa Eco Village is best for those visitors who like their freedom and easy access to town. Currently going through a “soft opening,” the...
This small museum holds the island’s only remaining examples of the Rongorongo tablets, the evidence of Easter Island’s original language. These tablets, made from a soft wood, were carved using...
As the first LEED-certified hotel in Latin America, Explora Rapa Nui takes pains to not only protect the environment, but to celebrate it. Buildings blend seamlessly into the landscape and...
The Orongo village was the site of the Birdman cult celebrations. Once a year, young men representing the important families of the island would run down the steep and perilous...
The traditional dance performances, known as the Kari Kari, are energetic and fascinating, performing island songs and showing off customary celebratory costumes. Performances take place on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays...
ORCA- Caleta de Hanga Roa; 56 32 2550 375; www.seemorca.cl Mike Rapu- O’tai Caleta Hanga Roa; 56 32 2551 055; www.mikerapu.cl With water hovering around 68°, and the possibility of...
One mile in diameter, the vast crater that was once a volcano is a breathtaking site. Not only wide, it is also deep—it dips so low, it has its own...
Located on the Hanga Hotulti bay, the 650 foot long Ahu Tongariki has a sense of a lost empire, reminiscent of Petra, the Acropolis or Mayan ruins. The iconic line...
In the shadow of a great toppled moai on Ahu Tepeu sit good examples of how the Rapanui lived: a 13th or 14th-century hare paenga foundation (a house shaped like...
Search By Keyword
This South American city is imbued with sophistication, generous hospitality...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.