Search By Keyword
Results for "russia" Displaying 10 of 102 Results
Russia has been one of the West’s most influential empires for centuries; the time to visit is now.
Before I left for Russia three weeks ago a well traveled friend questioned why I was going? “What’s the appeal?” she asked. I was stunned. Aside from the fact that...
St. Petersburg’s history, featuring centuries of opulence, romance, tragedy and intrigue, has left remains of mysteries stacked like archaeological treasures. The Russian city’s soul is not fully relegated to its...
From TSW, July 2009 An Indagare member recently returned from a birthday trip with her husband, which took them to St. Petersburg and Istanbul. Here she shares her discoveries and...
Part of a successful chain of restaurants, Stroganoff offers a break from the gold-leaf glamour of many St. Petersburg eateries with a simple, hearty menu served in an industrial-style dining...
First opened by the Palkin family in 1785, this famed restaurant, which welcomed Tchaikovsky, Chekov and Dostoyevsky through its doors, is a firm favorite with locals and visitors alike. Today,...
Vibe: Modern, cool, edgy At a Glance: The hip and sexy hotel option for travelers to St. Petersburg who want to leave the imperial décor to the palaces. Review: This...
Indagare member Chris Meltesen recently returned from a trip to St. Petersburg. “Last year good friends from Hamburg, Germany, suggested we all take a trip to St. Petersburg together. We...
I was thinking about doing a river trip in Russia with some friends…but what we found so far was really unimpressive. Has anyone had any experience with any good river...
Annemarie Victory, who heads an upscale tour company that frequently takes small groups behind the scenes in Europe, is hosting a Russia trip aboard the Volga Dream this June. Click...
I’ve lived in Washington for decades and to me the most overlooked treasure in town is Hillwood Museum and Gardens (4155 Linnean Ave NW), on Rock Creek Park up Connecticut...
We are beginning to plan a trip to Moscow and St Petersburg for Mid June 2010. I would love any thoughts on itinerary, experts, special activities for kids. This is...
We have a great operator who covers Russia and will be in touch with you directly to make introductions. In the meanwhile, here is a postcard by another member who...
We are taking our children to Moscow, St Petersburg and Vilnius for 2 weeks mid-june. We have a great itinerary, but was hoping to find some advice on great shopping...
Search By Keyword
The Spanish capital is buzzing with revamped hotels, authentic restaurants...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.