Search By Keyword
Results for "switzerland" Displaying 10 of 287 Results
Verbier is for passionate advanced skiers, as well as for families and groups of friends who want to hole up in some of Switzerland’s best private chalets
The largest city in Switzerland has been ranked as having the highest quality of life in the world.
St Moritz has come roaring back. For an update on the legendary Swiss ski resort, check back soon.
Accessible by train and a handful of electric taxis only, the quaint town of Zermatt is a fabulous base for hiking in the scenic Matterhorn region.
With easy access to ski trails, glamorous restaurants and charming Swiss villages, Gstaad makes a fabulous destination in all seasons.
With views of the Swiss Alps and Lake Geneva, Lausanne has long been a favorite summer weekend or vacation destination thanks to its idyllic landscape and relaxed vibe.
Zap Paper sells everything from books to lined notepads. They also have a beautiful selection of coffee-table books that focus on the Valais region of Switzerland and make excellent parting...
Nearly twice as large as the Alpina Gstaad (104 rooms vs. 56), the Palace Hotel is palatial in every sense of the word—from the fairytale turrets on the top floor...
Unbeknownst to most non-Swiss, Switzerland has an abundance of thriving vineyards that produce wonderful wine. Forty vines are indigenous to the region, all of them practically unknown anywhere else in...
Does anyone know what the “nicest accomodation” would be in Lugano,Switzerland? I have found the villa castagnola and the grand hotel leopoldo but don’t know if there are others? Or...
Someone I know just got back from 5 days in Saas Fe Switzerland. We had never heard about it but it sounds exciting. It has hiking, skiing, zip lines, and...
We spent a week recently at the Hotel Giardino in Ascona, Switzerland. Everything about it was sublime. The food was great and there’s a lovely spa. The hotel, which looks...
We asked one of our Italy specialists, and here’s what she replied: “Regarding Como with two boys, my suggestion is something I loved as a child (my family is composed...
It would be fantastic if I could have suggestions of great restaurants and places for apres ski hot chocolate or a glass of champagne in St. Moritz in February. Also...
I’m taking my 8-year-old son in early July, and we have about 8 days to explore between arriving in Geneva and departing from Zurich. He wants to hike, so I...
What a wonderful trip! Switzerland is a fabulous country to explore with kids, especially since train travel is easy and there are so many activities in the great outdoors. We...
From a longtime Switzerland visitor: If you’re hiking in the Bernese Oberland there is a funny old train that goes up to the Schynige Platte, think an Alpine Garden with...
From another Switzerland enthusiast: “There is a cute bright yellow Wine Train that runs from Vevey Station to Chexbres in the vineyards so they can walk one way, have lunch...
Another Indagare member, Chris Meltesen, who travels to Switzerland often, has raved about Saas Fe. You can read his Hiking in Switzerland Q&A here. The Saas Valley is wonderful for...
Search By Keyword
With new luxury villas and gorgeous classic resorts, the Turks...
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.