Meet Our Team
Indagare’s Marketing Director, Barkley Hickox, was born and raised in Manhattan, but has also lived in Paris and speaks French. A passionate traveler (top of her wish list: South Africa and Thailand), Barkley also has favorites she will always return to. "Palm Beach for reuniting with friends and family, Cap Juluca for rest and relaxation on one of the world’s most pristine beaches, and Paris for the food, culture and shopping!"
Barkley graduated from Yale University with a BA in History and a minor in French Language & Literature. Prior to joining Indagare, she worked in investment banking.
Favorite Hotels & Resorts: UXUA Casa Hotel in Bahia, Hotel Le Bristol in Paris, Hotel Cipriani in Venice, Estancia Vik in Jose Ignacio, Upper House in Hong Kong, Como Shambhala Estate in Bali and Beverly Hills Hotel in LA.
Most Memorable Meal: La Fiorella in Pienza while on a whirlwind road trip through Tuscany.
Recently Visited: Jackson Hole, Montenegro, Croatia, Venice, Santa Barbara, LA, Amalfi Coast, Capri, Brazil, Buenos Aires, Uruguay, London, Milan, Paris, Cannes, Turks & Caicos, St. Barths, Indonesia, Rome, Courchevel, Anguilla, India, Hong Kong, Peru, Istanbul and Tuscany.
Search By Keyword
A first-hand account of a wildlife cruise to this unforgettable...
For students of history and students of life, it’s moving...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.