Meet Our Team
Indagare’s editorial director, Simone Girner, was born in Germany and raised in New York. Before joining the founding team of Indagare, she worked as an editor at Town & Country Travel where some of her favorite journeys included skiing in Cortina and a beachy sojourn in the Maldives. Prior to Town & Country Travel, Simone spent three years living in Paris, where she was a contributing editor for Departures and also frequently wrote for Vogue. Simone, who is fluent in German and French, received her BA in English and French from Vassar College in 1999. She lives in New York City but hopes to one day divide her time between the States and Europe.
Most Memorable Meals: A spicy Szechuan dinner at a hidden kitchen in Hong Kong. Lunch at local spot Jesse in Shanghai. A romantic fireside dinner at Winvian. Lunch with a view of the Coliseum at Aroma, in Rome.
Favorite Restaurant in NYC: 11 Madison for a big night out; Joseph Leonard for a neighborhood spot; River Deli, in Brooklyn, for a laid-back ambience; and the downtown Fatty Crab for Malaysian fusion cuisine.
Favorite Travel Book: Venice is a Fish (by Tiziano Scarpa); A Room with a View (by E.M. Forster); A Nervous Splendor (by Frederic Morton); and anything by Pico Iyer.
Search By Keyword
The French islands of Porquerolles and Port-Cros offer breathtaking cliffs,...
As a winter destination, comparisons to other North American ski...
José Ignacio has been compared to Montauk of thirty years...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.