Meet Our Team
An art lover, Amelia Osborne was originally drawn to travel as a means to explore the world’s great museums. After growing up in Manhattan and Greenwich, Connecticut, she embraced her wayfaring spirit and went to college abroad, at Scotland’s University of St Andrews. While studying Art History and Ancient History, Amelia travelled extensively in Europe and developed a love of photography–both taking photos and collecting the works of others. After graduating college in 2005, Amelia did a post-graduate course at NYU and worked for Sotheby’s, a firm of art advisors and in an artist’s studio.
Prized Travel Moment: Getting additional pages inserted into passports
Most Remote Adventure: Trekking the Everest Base Camp Trail; Road-tripping through Eastern Europe in a Skoda with a radio stuck on a station playing only Shania Twain; Dog-sledding in International Falls, Minnesota
Favorite Hotels: Wentworth Mansion, Charleston, Hotel Sacher, Vienna, Four Seasons Sultanahmet, Hotel Borgo San Felice, Tuscany, Lapa Rios, Costa Rica. Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, Gasparilla Inn, Florida
Search By Keyword
By South American standards, Ecuador—which is about the size of...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.