Leading the Way
This Week on Indagare: What not to miss in London this Fall, Cabo’s newest wow-resort and why this part of Mexico has never looked better, cities around the world to explore with kids of all ages; and an interview with the founder of Unite the World with Africa. Plus: Enter to win a five-night trip, including airfare, to Hong Kong.
Dream. Plan. Book. Our bookings team’s favorite trip of the week: A Moroccan adventure for a family of five, with a stay at La Mamounia and Amanjena in Marrakech, and Kasbah Tamadot in the High Atlas Mountains. The itinerary includes private city tours, desert camel rides, pottery workshops, horseback riding, shopping and a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Essaouira. For help with your next trip, contact our team.
This fall, London neighborhoods like Covent Garden, Soho and Chelsea are celebrating foodie revivals with intimate eateries overseen by young chefs passionate about well-edited, often-changing menus and a groovy vibe. Indagare contributor Elena Bowes highlights what’s not to be missed, including where you should go if you’re not friends with a member of buzzy new Arts Club, and a by-appointment-only jeweler whose pieces are small works of art. Read her picks.
When asked by her colleagues whether the six-plus hour trip to Mexico’s Cabo had been worth it, Indagare’s Henley Vazquez responded with a resounding, “Yes!” Between the coastal setting and its myriad activities (golf, deep-sea fishing, whale watching, horseback-riding), the authentic local food and the friendly service, this part of Mexico has a leg up on many warm-weather competitors. When it comes to where to stay, Henley reports that newcomer Capella Pedregal is giving the established power duo— Palmilla and Las Ventanas —a run for their pesos. “All rooms have ocean views, terraces and plunge pools and fire pits,” she writes. “The spa has a real wow factor and the restaurant has some of the coast’s most incredible views.” In short, Capella is yet another reason to return to Cabo now. For help with your trip planning, contact our bookings team. Read Henley’s review.
Traveling with children is always memorable, sometimes for the joy of experiencing a destination through new eyes but other times simply for the temper tantrums and inconvenience of combining the interests of the young and old(er). Many families, fearing endless frustrations, decide that only a resort vacation will please everyone. Yet with the right planning, city trips can be just as fun – if not more so – than the beaches. We have selected a few of our favorite locales—including Rome, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, New Orleans and Cape Town —for urbanites with kids in tow. Read about great cities to tour with the stroller set, school-age kids, tweens, teens and beyond: Cities for All Ages.
Only a few years ago, Connecticut-based Anne Wells pondered the same question many travelers returning from Africa ask themselves: “How can I, a 30-something-year-old working wife and mother of three daughters support real solutions to the many seemingly insurmountable challenges?” Working with locals back in Tanzania, where she had lived for several months in the 1990s, Wells created an ambitious organization, Unite the World with Africa, which identifies local grass-roots organizations and supports them through fundraising and local training. She also launched Ashé Collection, an online marketplace for a diverse collection of designers, artists and craftspeople working in Tanzania, Kenya and South Africa. Some of the collection’s bestsellers, including a hand-painted weekender bag, can be purchased on the Indagare Souk. Shop for Ashé products.
Search By Keyword
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow,...
The largest single-mountain ski resort in North America is better...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.