Leading the Way
Dream. Plan. Book. Over the past five months we have hosted four Indagare Insider trips to Havana. We will return again this spring from May 19-23 for a trip celebrating the 11th Havana Biennial, which explores the theme of Art Practices and Social Imageries. The itinerary combines our favorite scouted spots with the incredible buzz of the Biennial. Limited spots are available, please contact Brooke Pearson for details at email@example.com or 212-988-0396.
Good news keeps streaming out of Myanmar: last week’s elections resulted in a parliamentary seat for Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of the National League for Democracy and the Obama administration is slated to soon appoint a U.S. ambassador (the first since 1990). It’s not just the political shift that has turned the southeast Asian country into this year’s most buzzed about destination. Plugged-in travelers are discovering the cultural riches of Myanmar, like the temple-strewn fields of Bagan, the ancient capital of Mandalay and the on-the-water gardens of Inle Lake. Indagare’s Simone Girner recently returned from what she dubbed a “trip of a lifetime,” during which she explored buzzing Yangon, while based at one of southeast Asia’s loveliest hotels, and ballooned across the gilded pagodas of Bagan. Read about her adventures and contact our Bookings Team for help planning a trip: Myanmar 2012.
“Wine with a why” is the impetus behind Cultivate, the one-year-old company that sources the best grapes from around the world and produces its own label. Ten percent of all sales are donated to educational charities chosen by the consumers. (2012 has already seen a $100,000 given away). Indagare spoke to Ali and Charles Banks, the inspiring winemakers behind Cultivate (they were previously at cult label Screaming Eagle) about this new endeavor, as well as about their favorite wines and the world’s best places to enjoy a glass, including a South African vineyard where classical music is played to the grapes. Read: Wine with a Conscience.
This year Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley spent spring break with her family in one of her all-time favorite destinations: Sydney. “Whether you see the city by sea plane, jet boat, yacht or ferry, it’s centered around the water and having fun,” she writes. Days are spent celebrating its glorious setting and with Aussie’s typical a lack of formality that brings ages together, not apart. At the end of the trip, which included the city’s best beaches, seaside restaurant and daredevil sights, Melissa’s kids were so enamored they vowed to return for college semesters; suffice it to say, they aren’t even in high school yet. Read Melissa’s 3-Day Itinerary for Families and stay posted for the best lodges in Australia. Read: Three Days in Sydney.
The Indagare Souk is coming to New York City’s Hotel Plaza Athénée on May 7, 8 and 9. This spring will be the biggest Indagare Souk to date featuring more than 25 designers and artisans from all over the world. Save the date to shop for chic finds, including the perfect summer clutches in vivid colors from Brazil, sparkly summer jewelry from Jaipur, stunning shorts hand-embroidered in the Philippines, timeless kaftans and cover-ups from Istanbul and India and wonderful hostess gifts, like table linens from Mexico, pillows from Malawi and much more.
Search By Keyword
Long a bastion of understated cool, the Danish capital is...
With miles of biking, walking and riding trails, scores of...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.