Leading the Way
New on Indagare:
Member Postcards: Nicaragua
This June we have secured a number of cabins at one of our favorite American ranches: Ranch at Rock Creek, from June 21 to 26. Indagare members can come together to enjoy a special family escape with activities like horseback riding, fly-fishing, hiking, archery, paintball and campfire dinners. Read more about this special offer: Ranch at Rock Creek Member Week.
Easter Island, which lies equidistant between the coasts of Chile and Tahiti in the southeastern Pacific Ocean, is shrouded in mysteries, making it an incredible destination for cultural travelers. Indagare’s Amelia Osborne recently visited and writes, “the place and its mystical elements stay with you long after returning home.” Read Amelia’s dispatch on how to map out an itinerary to one of the world’s most remote, uninhabited places, including where to stay and what to see, as well as what to know about those famed—and utterly breathtaking—stone heads. Read: Just Back From… Easter Island.
Long treated as southeast Asia’s stepchild—overachieving, handsome and trying too hard—Singapore is often portrayed as a flyover destination. But considering what an extraordinary gateway the city is Singapore is perfect for a more extensive layover, both pre- and post-trip. Indagare’s Simone Girner recently spent three days in the city, exploring its legendary food scene, best activities and top hotels, from the grand elegance of the Raffles to the resort setting of the Capella Sentosa. Read: Singapore Layover.
Our Bookings Team is often asked how to map out an itinerary that includes the Grand Canyon. Perhaps America’s most iconic destination—and one of the Seven Wonder of the World—the Canyon proves a logistical challenge due to the dearth of high-end accommodations, requiring visitors to think creatively. The good news is that because there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution, travelers can customize their ideal journey, from endurance hiking to road tripping (we recently helped a family draw up an incredible Harley-Davidson motorcycle adventure throughout the southwest). Read about three ways to visit and contact our Bookings Team for help with your next trip: Grand Canyon Itineraries.
When an Indagare member recently emailed us about her upcoming trip to Myanmar, her first question was: What do I read before I go? Delving into the stories of a place—both fictive and real—is one of the great anticipatory pleasures of a journey. It’s a way to prepare but also to deepen our immersion in the place. A well-culled reading and viewing list includes some classics, two or three great novels and a selection of current non-fiction. Together, the titles should bring the country or city you’re about to tour into focus—and the best will stay with you during the trip. All of Indagare’s destination reports include recommendations in our Library sections. Recent additions include Myanmar, Easter Island, Cuba, Russia and Berlin. For many more, visit: Library.
Featuring more than 25 designers and artisans from all over the world, the biggest live edition yet of the Indagare Souk is coming to New York’s Hotel Plaza Athénée May 7, 8 and 9. Join the Souk Team for a special “Cocktail Party & Shopping Evening on Tuesday May 8. Read details and RSVP: NYC Souk.
Also New on Indagare:
Search By Keyword
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.