Leading the Way
This Week on Indagare
Plus: Save the date. Indagare’s souk is coming to Southampton, July 19-20.
Dream. Plan. Book. Our bookings team’s favorite trip of the week: A week at a working farm nestled in France’s Brittany region, near Caen. The family of four will have the opportunity to learn about daily farm life, as well as take excursions to local cheese makers and a caramel toffee producer. For help with your next trip, contact our team.
The French capital is a poster child for summer fun; after all, it pioneered such outdoor extravaganzas as the Fête de la Musique (an all-night music festival) and Paris Plage (the Seine-side beach). Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley recently spent a few nights in the city and discovered its best-kept secrets for this season, including monumental exhibits, a new bistro from a star chef, special Seine cruises and movie screenings in a Philippe Starck-designed cinema. Read about her finds and more: Paris.
Indagare’s Eliza Harris had big plans for her recent stay at Parrot Cay in the Turks & Caicos: finally get to that stack of books and write a few articles. But soon after arriving, she understood why this special retreat has a loyal following of travelers seeking spiritual and physical renewal. ” My mental chatter silenced, I listened instead to the waves, the wind in the palms, the thrum of cicadas, the dry rustle of grasses,” she writes. Just a few weeks earlier, Indagare’s Henley Vazquez visited the resort with her children and had an equally successful—albeit very different, family friendly—experience. To talk to someone about the ins and outs of a Parrot Cay visit, contact our Bookings Team. Read Eliza’s dispatch: Renewal in the TCI.
Indagare’s first Insider Trip to Russia recently returned after behind-the-scenes touring in Moscow and St. Petersburg. “Intriguing. That would be the one word I would use to summarize my feelings about our magnificent trip,” raved member Hollye Jacobs; “I am mentally planning my next trip back,” wrote member Melani Wilson; “the questions that haunt me are ‘Why aren’t more people clamoring to come?’ and, ‘When can I go back?’ wrote Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley. Aside from the fact that Russia is a superpower in a moment of major transition, it has been one of the West’s most influential empires for centuries. From touring the gilded splendor of the Catherin Palace to backstage at the restored Bolshoi Theatre with excellent guides, the group was able to really experience Russia in context—its past, present and future. Read the dispatches from Melissa and other trip participants (Just Back from… Russia) and contact Indagare’s Bookings Team for help with a trip to Russia.
As a living museum of early American architecture, urban planning, social customs and art and furniture, Charleston offers a glimpse back into America’s early years. Boasting 18th and 19th-century houses along cobblestoned streets, gardens bursting with jasmine and magnolias and a culinary scene on par with that of New York and LA, the city makes for a fabulous (and easy) weekend getaway. Indagare’s Amelia Osborne highlights Charleston’s most charming hotels, coolest rooftop bars, trendiest restaurants and chicest boutiques. Read our destination report: Charleston.
Save the Date: Hamptons Summer Souk
Our annual Hamptons edition of the live Souk returns to Southampton this summer from July 19-20.
Search By Keyword
A first-hand account of a philanthropic “reality" trip to Zambia...
Eco safari camps, recommended outfitters, plus an amazing house rental...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.