Leading the Way
This Week on Indagare:
Plus: Win a six-night trip to India. Enter here.
The ultimate Italian city-seaside combination of Rome and Capri. In Rome, families can take a gelato-making class, experience life as a gladiator and go behind the scenes in the Vatican. On Capri, days are spent in the water, while evenings focus on enjoying the stylish town and feasting on seafood.
The imagination of the Western world has long been captivated by Indian style—the country’s craftsmanship and colors are vivid and timeless. Legendary Vogue editor Diana Vreeland once famously quipped that pink is India’s navy blue; more recently fashion designer Matthew Williamson called the place “a creative assault on the sense.” Indagare members and friends can enter to win a six-night trip to India, including airfare, co-sponsored by Qatar Airways, Greaves Travel and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts. Read more about the prize and enter: India Sweepstakes. To start dreaming India—and about the wares to bring back—read about gem-shopping in Jaipur, the best boutiques in Mumbai and insider tips on Delhi: India Style.
Indagare members are constantly amazing us with their intrepid spirit, curiosity and motivation to explore off the beaten path. Recent enviable voyages include tango dancing in Buenos Aires, bear watching on Vancouver Island, trekking the Camino de Santiago alongside religious pilgrims, exploring Namibia’s Skeleton Coast and relaxing in an eco-conscious enclave outside of Cape Town. The dispatches are sure to inspire your next journey; contact our Bookings Team to help plan your next dream trip: Global Postcards.
Lake Como may not be the undiscovered gem it used to be (thank you, George Clooney), but the region remains one of Italy’s most fascinating thanks to its memorable dichotomies: it’s somehow both natural and civilized, decadent and low-key, enormous and intimate. It’s also incredibly convenient to reach, a short one-hour drive north of Milan. On her recent trip, Indagare’s Eliza Harris scouted the best hotels, most authentic restaurants, charming little shops and a villa reachable only by boat that’s “a place of secret passageways, terraces spilling over with geraniums, and impeccably landscaped gardens: the work of an unfettered imagination, just like so much of Lake Como.” Read Eliza’s Just Back From and contact our Bookings Team for help planning an itinerary that includes Como.
Our annual Summer Souk returns to Southampton with lots of seaside beach fashion and accessories, as well as a special pop-up store by Lazypoint, featuring clothing, accessories and books from Claudja Bicalho’s Amagansett shop. Bring along your friends and come to browse for exquisitely embroidered caftans, silk sarongs, airy summer dresses, handcrafted jewelry, stylish bags and more. The wares hail from all over the world, including India, Turkey, South Africa, Kenya, the Philippines, Brazil, Belize and more. The two-day event will take place at Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley’s home in Southampton. Contact the Souk team for the address and details about the Souk Party on Thursday evening: Summer Souk.
Few places in the Northeast evoke lazy summer rituals quite as beautifully as Nantucket, the rugged island off the shores of Massachusetts’ Cape Cod. From clam bakes to walks along wind-swept dunes, the small pleasures of a vacation here have been the same for generations. But, as found Indagare’s Lizzie McGirr on a recent trip, the island’s seasonality also demands constant revitalization. This summer there’s buzz about a debut Inn by Nantucket’s most acclaimed resort, as well as new restaurants and boutiques that complement and enhance such well-established custom as brunch at Black Eyed Susan, ice cream at Juice Bar and bike rides to Siasconset. Read about the best of the island: Nantucket Update.
Search By Keyword
St Moritz has come roaring back. For an update on...
Like the French Riviera, Turkey’s southwester coast was “discovered” by...
Sophisticated living combined with a refreshingly laid-back California attitude in...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.