Leading the Way
This week on Indagare: Just Back from Montana and Top Tents for Glamping, Valencia’s Sha Spa, Great Diving Spots around the World; St. Petersburg Discoveries. Plus, details on Indagare’s Pop-Up Souk this August.
Indagare Bests: Top Tents for Glamping
The term “glamping” may not have been incorporated into Webster’s yet, but for a new generation of eco-conscious travelers, the idea of staying in a tent without roughing it has become all the rage. There seems to be no limit to the innovations and amenities offered under a simple canvas roof, including spa treatments, haute cuisine and lavish furnishings. Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley recently visited the ranch in Montana that coined the term for glamorous camping. “I felt like we had discovered the Singita of America,” writes Bradley, referring to the game lodge in South Africa that is consistently named the world’s best hotel. Read her Just Back From, as well as Indagare’s list of Best Spots for Glamping, from British Columbia to Provence.
Healthy Getaway: Sha Spa
Most people associate a macrobiotic diet with such celebrities as Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow, but a gorgeous spa in Valencia, Spain, is making a larger audience aware of the benefits of this health-conscious cuisine. Indagare contributor Elena Bowes, who visited Sha in May, returned raving about the seaside setting, top yoga and Pilates classes and the expertly prepared food, which left her feeling “healthier and more exhilarated.”
You Asked: Great Diving Spots
Recently a member contacted us with a conundrum: he wanted to book a diving trip to a top-rated underwater spot, while his wife preferred a relaxing beach holiday. Read about the seven resorts with exceptional diving that we recommended, from an eco-friendly hideaway in the Seychelles to a stunning family-owned resort on Hamilton Island, near the Great Barrier Reef.
Save the Date: Indagare Pop-Up Souk
On August 20, Indagare and Surevolution will host a special one-day market for global goods in Bridgehampton. Indagare members and their friends will be able to shop for a variety of handcrafted finds from around the world, including jewelry and objets from seven countries by Surevolution, Indian clothing from Irving & Fine, Mustique beachwear from Lotty B. fashion and accessories from Kenya’s Anna Trzebinski, linens hand-stitched in Vietnam from Gayle Warwick and Moroccan beauty products from Kahina Giving Beauty. Read more information on our Pop-Up Souk
Member Postcard: St. Petersburg
An Indagare member just returned from St. Petersburg, where she and her husband experienced the famous White Nights, with a list of valuable suggestions and advice for other travelers planning a trip there. Thanks to a plugged-in tour guide, they discovered a few wonderful restaurants in a city famously devoid of good culinary spots, as well as toured top historic and art-filled sights with someone who knew how to “negotiate all of the changes and bumps along the way.” Read the postcard, including recommendations on where to stay and eat, as well as what to know before you go.
Last Chance: Win a Trip to the USVI
Now’s your last chance to take Indagare’s Family IQ Quiz and enter to win roundtrip airfare for a family of up to four and five-night accommodations on idyllic St. John. The quiz has just ten fun questions about the USVIs. The deadline to complete the quiz and be entered for the grand prize is July 31. Click here to enter: Family IQ Quiz
New On Indagare: Paris with Teenagers, You Asked: Lausanne Restaurants, Tokyo Insider Picks, Dolomites: Where to Eat. Coming Soon: Destination Report on Telluride and Madrid, plus reviews of the Banyan Tree Mayakoba and interview with a Japanese food expert.
Search By Keyword
This island has unspoiled coral reefs and protected lagoons so...
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.