Passion Points: Active/Adventure
The Peruvian jungle kept a secret for over 400 years. Lush undergrowth concealed the ancient Incan site Machu Picchu, until 1911 when Yale’s Hiram Bingham made the archaeology discovery of the century.
To mark the 100-year anniversary of the revelation of Machu Picchu, celebrated historian and author Dr. John Hemming will lead an exclusive trip to the Lost City of the Incas. Dr. Hemming is a world-renown expert on Peruvian history, in particular the country’s archaeological sites and the history of Spanish overthrow of the Inca Empire. He is the author of The Conquest of the Incas and The Monument of the Incas, in addition to his three-volume tribute to the indigenous tribes of the Amazon rain forest, “Tree of Rivers” the Story of the Amazon.
The seven-day trip is a rare opportunity for those with a true interest and passion for history. Travelers will begin in Lima, tour the stunning Urubamba Valley, spend two days onsite at Machu Picchu, and conclude in Cusco. The trip is limited to 20 people, and Indagare has been given exclusive access for our members. Rates start at $5,199 per person. For more information and to see a detailed itinerary, contact Brooke Pearson at brookep at indagare dot com or by calling 212-988-2611.
This trip is limited to a handful of people, and Indagare has been given access for our members from our preferred operator in Peru. If you’re interested in joining contact our bookings department soon. We are also happy to create a customized trip with our preferred on-the-ground guides.
Read about a member’s unforgettable journey to Peru
Read about other trips of a lifetime
Search By Keyword
An outrageous shape-shifter, Myanmar is finally emerging from its troubled...
A first-hand account of a philanthropic “reality" trip to Zambia...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.