Passion Points: Style
The concept of the Parisian shopping spree was made iconic by Audrey Hepburn’s Sabrina, who returned from her Paris sojourn not only with cases of Givenchy finery but also a captivating new (out)look. The magical equation of successful Paris shopping spree equals an improved lifestyle was born. One of the things that makes style-hunting in the City of Light so much fun is that trusted staples on Rue St. Honoré and Boulevard St.-Germain remain as fashionable as the more cutting-edge boutiques that pop up in such neighborhoods as the Haut Marais. There’s a real sense of taking pleasure in those small, old-world shops that specialize in one exquisite item: a leather glove at Causse Gantier a watch strap at Camille Fournet embossed paper at Benneton a vintage frock at Didier Ludot. As Woody Allen showed so brilliantly in his 2010 film Midnight in Paris, the city exudes a timeless chic that reverberates throughout the ages, captivating on a first and fifteenth visit.
Read about four shopping walks around Paris, including:
Style mavens itching to get back to the French capital should enter the Architectural Digest Paris Getaway contest. The prize includes roundtrip airfare, a four-night stay at Hôtel Le Bristol and a $3,000 shopping spree on fashionista Web site Moda Operandi.
If you are planning a trip to Paris, contact our Bookings Team for help with your itinerary.
Purchase Indagare Mapped Out: Paris, a three-day-itinerary-map that details the best of what to see and do in the French Capital.
Search By Keyword
Cacophonous and colorful, Delhi is rich with tradition and culture.
The Dutch capital is the kind of city where you'll...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.