Passion Points: Style
New York-based Kathleen Beckett was fated to found a company like her recently launched Friends of Fashion. As a longtime contributor to the top names in fashion (Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Elle), she wrote countless articles about the behind-the-scenes workings of the fashion industry, profiling designers, covering events, and keeping a finger on the pulse of this ever-changing creative field. Even during her tenure as a journalist, however, she realized that what she loved most was learning about the individual passions driving the people she met. “Of course, I also profiled big names,” she says, “but I really appreciated the lesser-known designers who were doing beautiful work.” Eager to share the discoveries she made with her insider access as a journalist, Beckett launched an exclusive personal shopping venture called Beckett’s Black Book. This year, the company transformed into something even more exciting: Friends of Fashion functions as a social fashion community whose members are invited to private shopping parties (some at the designer’s studios or homes), as well as intimate events hosted by such big-hitters as Donna Karan, Proenza Schouler, Nicole...
Search By Keyword
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
With lunar-like landscapes, deep glacial lakes and spectacular glaciers, Patagonia...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.