Passion Points: Style
If you had only one afternoon to shop in Sydney, I’d tell you to hop a cab to Surry Hills and direct it to the emporium david met nicole. Most concept stores, like Colette, in Paris, pride themselves on stocking only the latest things, but English industrial designer David Page and his Australian wife, Nicole, comb the globe with an Old World eye, looking for treasures to warm a collector’s heart. New and vintage furniture, lighting and housewares mix with clothing (new and vintage) for men and women. You may find wood-paneled screens and filing cabinets; antique photographers’ lamps and leather doctor’s bags; vintage street signs, globes and maps. Perhaps the only unifying element is a nostalgic, Anglophile sensibility. For additional pictures and to view the photo at left larger, click on the image.
Search By Keyword
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow,...
Italy's third-biggest lake is the center of a region that's...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.