Passion Points: Style
Fashionistas gearing up for Milan’s fashion week, which begins February 16, are flocking to a new choice address in Italy’s shopping capital: the recently opened Town House Galleria. The glam hotel, with twenty-four lavish suites, is the only one inside the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele, the city’s landmark Belle Epoque shopping arcade that houses Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Prada (the latter literally downstairs from the Town House Galleria). Interiors blend tradition—Biedermeier furniture, pleated curtains—with some disco flair, as seen in the flashing lights that change color over the bathtub and the purple velvet sofas. High-tech gadgetry in the suites includes sleek leather-bound computers, Espresso machines and plasma TVs. Swanky touches include Bentley pick-up from the airport, a personalized code to access the lift and Baccarat crystal glasses. There’s a restaurant that serves fresh, imaginative food, like lemon-infused ricotta in a French tomato coulis, though you should also try hot spots Nobu, Cracco-Peck and Just Cavalli. The plugged-in, multi-lingual staff can arrange anything from dinner on a boat on a nearby lake to a private jet transfer in under an hour. Flashy, glamorous and ultra-luxurious: Milan’s newest boutique property is much like the couture parading down the runways. Just don’t expect quiet subtlety.
Search By Keyword
Cacophonous and colorful, Delhi is rich with tradition and culture.
A memorable sidestep to lesser-known cities: Gwailor and Orchha (near...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.