Passion Points: Style
Best selling food writer, designer and London native, Sophie Conran shares some of her favorite neighborhoods, hot spot restaurants and must-visit design stores in the capital.
For one of the best florists in London visit, Wild at Heart (222 Westbourne Grove, W11 2RJ, 44-20-7727-3095), it has an amazing collection of ceramic vases and beautiful cushions.
Tom’s Deli (226 Westbourne Grove, W11 2RH, 44-20-7221-8818) is worth a visit for the beautiful ceiling alone. It has lots of imported, hard to find products.
Foodies should head to Books for Cooks (4 Blenheim Crescent, W11 1NN, 44-20-7221-1992) for a huge selection of cookery books.
Try and stop for a cupcake at the Hummingbird Bakery (133 Portobello Road, W11 2DY, 44-20-7229-6446)
Take afternoon tea at the Orangery (The Broad Walk, Kensington Gardens, 44-20-3166-6112), a beautiful dining room inside the grounds of Kensington Palace.
For late night snacks, Beigel Bake (159 Brick Lane, E1 6SB, 44-20-7729-0616) serves the best bagels, 24-hours a day.
Head to the Old Truman Brewery (91 Brick Lane, E1 6QL, 44-20-7377-6515)- a huge converted warehouse with over unique 200 shops and stalls.
OUT OF TOWN
Petersham Nurseries (Church Lane, Surrey, TW10 7AG, 44-20-8940-5230) is a beautiful garden center just thirty-minutes outside the city. Stay for lunch at Skye Gyngell’s popular cafe.
Antiques lovers shouldn’t miss Petworth Antique Center (East Street, Petworth, GU28 0AB, 44-1798-342-073), an treasure trove of miscellany in West Sussex.
Read about Sophie Conran’s bespoke country house party service, Temple Guiting
Search By Keyword
This summer mecca combines city sophistication with stunning beaches and...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.