Passion Points: Arts/Culture
Art collectors Steve and Chiara Rosenblum (he is the founder of e-commerce website Pixmania) began collecting African masks in the late 1990s. In 2005 their interest turned towards contemporary art and five years later they opened a 15,000 square foot public exhibition space called Rosenblum Collection & Friends (rosenblumcollection.fr) in a former photographic lab in Paris’s 13th arrondissement.
Chiara curates exhibitions for the beautifully renovated space out of the couple’s private collection, which now focuses on works by established and emerging living artists including: Antoine Aguilar, Aaron Curry, Mathew Day Jackson, Barbara Kruger, Sterling Ruby, and Christopher Wool. The next show, Crossing Mirrors, opens on October 18, 2012.
She spoke to Indagare’s Mara Hoberman about her vision for the collection, about favorite spots in Paris and about the upcoming Foire Internationale d’Art Contemporain (FIAC), which will draw art connoisseurs to Paris from October 18 – 21.
You and your husband made one of your first major contemporary acquisitions at FIAC in 2006 and in 2010, the opening of your exhibition space was timed to coincide with
Search By Keyword
As a winter destination, comparisons to other North American ski...
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.