Passion Points: Arts/Culture
This year, Art Basel Miami Beach again overlaps with Design Miami, a lesser-known sister festival celebrating design across three-days of events, talks and shows. New and not to be missed are the unique program of events presented by Limited Edition Experiences which, from November 30th, will bring together a host of renowned fashion houses including Fendi, Maison Martin Margiela and Marni in temporary stores and ‘pop up’ boutiques. Each brand will showcase limited edition merchandise (including Fendi’s customized needle point baguettes, pictured) and ‘performance’ retail experiences such as a Duncan Quinn ready-to-wear store complete with indoor croquet lawn, and Gucci’s second installment of Icon-Temporary, a flash sneaker store with designs by award-winning DJ Mark Ronson. Among the other designers involved: Proenza Schouler, L’Eclaireur, Cynthia Rowley. Design Miami runs from Nov 2 – 5, 2009, for more information visit www.designmiami.com.
Read an art editor’s Guide to Art Basel Miami Beach
Read details about Art Basel Miami Beach
Read our Miami Cheat Sheet
Search By Keyword
Imagine a boater’s paradise of small islands with deserted beaches...
The so-called "gateway of the Americas" is a vibrant, rapidly...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.