Passion Points: Family
At the end of 2011, we quizzed members and staff about their favorite discoveries this year. Indagare member J.H. takes her family on trips to Parrot Cay and The Montage, Deer Valley. Read more Best-of-2011 Interviews.
My favorite trip this year was to Parrot Cay with my entire family (4 kids). The staff really makes you feel welcome. It was our 6th year there in a row and the children know the routine from the second we get there–everyone gets into vacation mode right away! The villas are so conducive to a family trip as they all come with their own pool and are right on the beach. The butler service is amazing and provides a restful experience for the adults and a fun time for the kids.
My favorite hotel this year had to be Villa Feltrinelli in Lake Garda, Italy. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, the food is great and the staff is amazing. It is a smaller hotel and we had a delightful time getting to know the cosmopolitan, varied guests.
The best discovery I made all year was The Montage in Deer Valley. We had not loved the last hotel we visited in Deer Valley and had decided not to return, but when The Montage opened and we found direct flights to Salt Lake, we decided to give the area another try. We went for a long weekend with three kids and the hotel made everything about skiing with children easy. The game room/pub that serves dinner was a hit as was dinner in the beautiful lounge where we could enjoy a low-key dinner with live music. The shuttle into town worked wonderfully and the ski-in-ski-out was perfect for meeting private instructors (though not as great for meeting ski school). It was illuminating to find a full-service hotel an easy flight from New York that made a family skiing weekend so easy and enjoyable.
I would love to visit Turkey with my husband next year and really look forward to trying Mustique with my family.
Search By Keyword
Family vacation can be equal parts learning and leisure when...
A hiker's paradise, the Italian Dolomites offers glorious landscapes and...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.