Passion Points: Family
Want to give your little darlings a little Parisian history without them hating you and museums forever? Try Paris Walks, the oldest English-language walking tour in the French capital, with family guides who can actually inspire your kids. My fashion-crazed fourteen-year-old daughter loved hearing about what Marie Antoinette wore and how quickly her hair turned grey when things went downhill. Our amazing guide, Iris Grossman Spencer, says that all kids are different, but generally girls like to hear about the historical equivalent of sex, drugs and rock ’n’ roll, while boys want to know about the exciting battles and invasions and tales of beheadings and killing. No surprise there, but it’s amazing how many guides get it wrong, throwing meaningless dates and figures at kids. From $268 (for a half-day) to $470 (for a full day).
Editor’s Note: Paris Walks is also recommended by Sandy Flick
Read about great sights for kids in London
Read member suggestions on what to do with kids in New York
For tailored family travel advice or itineraries or to learn about special offers or preferred rates at hotels, contact our booking department by calling 212-988-2611 or by sending an inquiry
Search By Keyword
As part of the Trois Vallées, Courchevel in the French...
People love to love Vancouver thanks to its dramatic cityscape,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.