Passion Points: Family
This colonial-style resort, built alongside a crescent-shaped beach is practically a mini family community with 398 rooms, fifty-one swimming pools (most part of private villas); thirteen tennis courts, six restaurants and its own post office, shopping village and twenty-four hour medical facility. Its Anancy Children’s Village, themed around the mythological Anancy, a sort-of Zeus-like character of West African folklore, is popular with younger children while teenagers can take part in an overwhelming number of sports, including horseback riding along the beach, snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing and wakeboarding. Children of all ages, though, love the resort’s natural lagoon where you can actually swim with dolphins. Families traveling together often rent some of the thirty-four villas, which range in size, and come with a private swimming pool, housekeeper and butler. Children accepted at all dining facilities; babysitters can be arranged for $8/hour; reservations for the dolphin lagoon recommended. Rooms from $400; villas from $1,880.
Read a member postcard on visiting an orphanage in Jamaica
Read our insider report on Cabo
Read our insider report on Costa Careyes
Read our insider report on the Riviera Maya
For tailored family travel advice or to learn about special offers and rates at hotels, contact our booking department by calling 212-988-2611 or by sending an inquiry
Search By Keyword
To quote the renowned historian Alan Morehead, "Anyone who can...
Now that many of its beloved museums and monuments have...
While it may lack some of the charm of jetset...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.