Passion Points: Family
While many resorts in the Caribbean inspire daydreams of intimate getaways, Jumby Bay will make you want to bring the family. Not that the 300-acre private island of the same name off Antigua isn’t supremely romantic, with long stretches of white sand, manicured garden paths and a limpid sea in surreal shades of turquoise. But Jumby, which is managed by Rosewood, is truly a paradise for children. No cars traverse the island (only bikes and the occasional golf cart); the main beach has shallow, calm waters; there’s even wildlife, namely the endangered hawksbill turtles that nest on secluded Pasture Bay beach.
While the 40 suites, housed in white-washed bungalows and with open floor plans and large living areas, are lovely, families might be happiest in one of Jumby’s private villas. To read more about these two- to four-bedroom homes, as well as about what to see and do on Jumby, click here.
TIP: If you book the Jumby Baybies Getaway package, you’re welcomed with a specially designed tote stuffed with toys and beach items from chic Roberta Roller Rabbit boutique. From $1,275 for parents and one child.
Read our insider tips on Barbados
Read about top family hotels on Barbados
Read about Three Generations at Carlisle Bay
Read about the best hotel for families on Turks and Caicos
Read about the best villas for families on St. Barth’s
For family travel advice or to learn about special trips or preferred rates at hotels, contact our booking department by calling 212-988-2611 or by sending an inquiry
Search By Keyword
The massive region, mushrooming out from Westchester County and spanning...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.