Passion Points: Family
Rye-based friend of Indagare, Amy Herlihy, just got back from a family vacation in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, with her husband and sons, ages 7 and 8. She writes:
“Costa Rica is a beautiful, diverse, rugged country with lots to see and do. If you go in November, as we did, be prepared for some rain (rainy season officially ends in early December). It rained nonstop for our first two days, but that didn’t stop us from taking a zip-lining tour. On sunnier days we took a horseback riding excursion at a working cattle ranch and had surf lessons. Our boys did all of it and loved every minute of it. They were rappelling down 100-foot palms, zipping along endless zip-lines with the best of the adults, riding their own horses at full gallop, and ‘hanging ten’ after a single surf lesson! They also couldn’t get enough of the monkeys who hung around our backyard. Each day at around 4:00 pm, about 15 titis (squirrel monkeys) and 10-15 white-faced monkeys would visit. As for the adults, we enjoyed...
Search By Keyword
While it may lack some of the charm of jetset...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.