Passion Points: Family
Blue-footed boobies, giant sea turtles, slithering iguanas and seals who preen for the camera—the residents of the Galapagos Islands have long fascinated children and adults alike. For families interested in visiting Darwin’s land, the luxury trip outfitter Butterfield & Robinson runs a cruise for those eight and above. The ship, a 38-passenger vessel called the Isabela II departs from Quito and naturalist guides—a hallmark of most Butterfield & Robinson trips (and a requisite for touring the Galapagos)—lead all on-shore walks. Kayaking, swimming with sea lions and in-island mountain biking are just some of the itinerary highlights and special kid-friendly activities include scavenger hunts, nighttime movie and pizza-making sessions, Pirate’s Day and equator crossing ceremonies and flashlight games inside lava tunnels. Butterfield & Robinson also offers such activities as kayaking, shallow and deep-water snorkeling, swimming with sea lions and even in-land mountain biking. Trips from $7,995 per person, including meals, snacks and beverages (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic).
Exclusive Offer for Indagare Members: For the July trip, Butterfield & Robinson is offering all Indagare members a complimentary room upgrade, if available at the time of booking.
Note: Butterfield & Robinson also runs an adults-only voyage in November.
Read a member’s postcard on another Galapagos family cruise
Read an account of a cruise booked through Galapagos Traveller
Read discussions on luxury charter options through the Galapagos Islands
Read an interview with Santiago Dunn, whose company leads carbon-neutral cruises into the Galapagos
To be connected with a Galapagos specialist or to learn about special offers or preferred hotel rates, contact our booking department by calling 212-988-2611 or by sending an inquiry
Search By Keyword
The best of the Riviera Maya, a gorgeous coastline that's...
To understand the land that inspired awe in the Incas,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.