Passion Points: Food/Wine
Laurel Barrack, owner and managing partner of Costa Smeralda Hotels, who is heading up the development of new luxury Villas at the legendary Cala di Volpe, Pitrizza and Romazzino hotels, shares her picks for favorite restaurants on the Italian island of Sardinia.
Best for a Special Dinner: Dining poolside with a sea view at the Pitrizza hotel
Best Local Hideaway: You need a boat to access fun restaurant at La Casitta on Santa Maria, located on a small island. It’s a fabulous spot for lunch.
Most Unexpected Find: Ristorante Rosemary an English woman’s sweet country farmhouse serving falafel, satay, chicken curry, and burritos! Try her homemade cheesecake and lemon meringue pie. And I also like La Grotta, on Isola Maddalena for great cold lobster with tomatoes, onions and olive oil.
Best Seafood: Il Pescatore in Porto Cervo’s port, which is on the water (ask for a table near the sea).
Best Sunset View: Have a Bellini at the Romazzino Hotel terrace with views of sea and the islands of Tavolara and Mortorio.
Best Pizzeria: I like Pomodoro (39-0789-931-626) after shopping till 9 in Porto Cervo!
If you are planning a vacation in Sardinia this summer contact our bookings team for help with your trip planning.
Search By Keyword
Chiang Mai means “a million rice field kingdom,” and those...
The mountainous island in the West Indies is transforming into...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.