Passion Points: Food/Wine
You Asked: Does anyone have recommendations for restaurants in Jackson Hole other than the Snake River Grill (a personal favorite)?
Here are some suggestions from plugged-in members and residents, as well as from Indagare correspondent Jamie Marshall:
Snake River Grill: Most agree that this is the chicest restaurant in town and has the best food. On the town square; 307-733-0557; www.snakerivergrill.com
The Gun Barrel is known for its meat, including slow-roasted buffalo, smoked venison and bison carpaccio, and its rustic Western atmosphere. 862 W. Broadway; 307-733-3287; www.gunbarrel.com
The Grill at the Amangani has wonderful food and views; it’s best to go early. 1535 North East Butte Road; 307-734-7333; www.amanresorts.com
The Gamefish restaurant at the Snake River Lodge on the mountain is also quite good. www.snakeriverlodge.com
Stiegler’s features Austrian cuisine and has a charming bar. Teton Village Road at the Aspens; 307-733-1071.
On the mountain, the Westbank Grill at the Four Seasons has a big stone fireplace and marvelous views. The more casual Peak, the hotel’s slopeside eatery, offers lunch and après-ski nibbles. www.fourseasons.com
Blu Kitchen is a notable newcomer. 155 N. Glenwood; 307-734-1633.
Nikai offers sushi and other Japanese fare. 225 North Cache; 307-734-6490; www.nikaisushi.com
Koshu Wine Bar can be easy to miss but you’ll be glad you made the effort. It’s in back of the Jackson Hole Wine Company building (you can either park around back or enter through the wine store, if you like, and pick out a bottle to drink with your meal). It’s small and cozy, attracts a young stylish crowd and has terrific Asian-fusion cuisine served family style. 200 West Broadway; 307-733-5283; www.jhwine.com
Rendezvous Bistro was started by the former chef at the Snake River Grill. The interior is the polar opposite of SRG—it’s bright and cheerful, almost utilitarian, and the food is less refined, classic bistro cuisine with a wholesome twist (organic free range fried chicken, for instance). 380 South Broadway; 307-739-1100; www.rendezvousbistro.net
The Granary at Spring Creek Ranch, a couple miles from the center of town, is worth a visit. www.springcreekranch.com
Read about an editor’s recent visit to Jackson Hole.
Read about Coloir, a new restaurant on Jackson’s Gondola Summit.
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.