Passion Points: Food/Wine
You asked: Which gourmet restaurants are open in Paris in the month of August?
Many of Paris’s top restaurants close for the month of August. As a number of members have asked us for guidance on where they can still book in the summer, we have researched which of our favorite spots are closed and which are open.
Allard. Open all month.
Brasserie Lipp. Open all month.
Café Flore. Open all month.
Fauchon Le Café, a glamorous new cafe on the first floor of France’s most famous food hall, is open all month.
Gaya Rive Gauche. Open all month.
L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon. Open all month.
Le Cinq. One of the few three-Michelin-starred restaurants that remains open all month.
Le Comptoir du Relais. Open all month.
La Fontaine de Mars. Open all month.
Le Jules Verne. The only Ducasse outpost that remains open in August.
Pur’Grill. Another three-starred-Michelin restaurant that is open all month.
Restaurant Hélène Darroze. This two-star Michelin remains open all month.
Café Marly, in the courtyard of the Louvre, is open all year.
Venerable tea room Angelina is open in August.
Bonpoint Café , a great casual lunch or tea option, stays open all month.
The chic restaurant at the Hotel Costes is open and a good spot for lunch.
Delicabar. Open all month
Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée. Closed July 22 to August 27, but his restaurant in the Eiffel Tower, Le Jules Verne, remains open.
Alain Senderens. Closed August 3-27.
L’Ambroisie. Closed August 2 to September 2. Only open for lunch on August 1 and 2.
L’Avenue. Will probably close for two weeks (dates to be determined).
Caviar Kaspia. Closed August 2-18.
Dominique Bouchet. Closed August 2-25.
Le Grand Vefour. Closed July 28-August 25.
Guy Savoy. Closed August 3-27.
Il Cortile. Closed July 23-August 24.
La Cigale Récamier. Closes August 15th to end of the month.
Le Soufflé. Closed August 3-24.
Pavillon Ledoyen. Closed August 4 to end of the month.
L’Orangerie. Closed August 4 to 24.
Pierre Gagnaire. Closed July 26-August 24.
Les Bouquinistes. Closed from August 3-25.
Le Ferrandaise. Closed August 3 to 24.
Aux Lyonnais. Closed July 27-August 24.
Fish La Boisonnerie. Closed August 2-23.
L’Ami Jean. Closed July 26-August 26.
Shuttered in August
Astrance. Closed for the month.
Benoit. Closed for the month.
Chez Georges. Closed for the month.
L’Ami Louis. Closed for the month.
Le Meurice. Closed for the month.
Le Relais Plaza. Closed for the month.
Les Ambassadeurs. Closed for the month.
Le Violin d’Ingres. Closed for the month.
Le Voltaire. Closed for the month.
Taillevent. Closed for the month.
TIP: Whet your appetite with Alexander Lobrano’s excellent new guide, Hungry for Paris: The Ultimate Guide to the City’s Best 102 Restaurants.
Search By Keyword
Its own continent but most often reached from South America....
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.