Passion Points: Food/Wine
Amateur chefs (and Indagare Connoisseur members) who dream of learning from the city’s greats should mark their calendars: in late October, Relais & Chateaux hosts a Culinary Festival with some of the Northeast’s most acclaimed chefs. The events, including demonstrations and cookbook signings, will take place at the Maison, the company’s elegant multi-purpose space in Midtown. A highlight is Jean-Georges Vongerichten, who will host a cooking demonstration on October 28. Also on the schedule are Dominique Ansel, the pastry chef of Daniel (October 29); Jonathon Cartwright, cookbook author and top toque at the White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, (October 27) and Justin Ermini, of the Mayflower Inn & Spa, who will give a spa cuisine demonstration and tasting while the skin care company Orlane provides mini spa treatments. The stylish Maison, complete with a sitting area and library, opened last year and has become a serene space for travelers to learn about the Relais & Chateaux portfolio, which includes international small luxury hotels and gourmet temples. In October, the state-of-the-art, open-plan kitchen will be the perfect arena for these culinary heavyweights. Reservations are restricted to Indagare Connoisseur members and Relais & Châteaux’s 5C Club. They are on a first come-first serve basis, so be sure to book soon. Contact Indagare at 212-988-2611.
Dates & Times:
- Spa Cuisine (Mayflower Inn & Spa)
October 3, 2008
1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- “A Sampling of the Flavors of Maine” (White Barn Inn)
October 27, 2008
6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten
October 28, 2008
- “Savoring Fall Sweets” (Daniel)
October 29, 2008
4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Read a member’s postcard about his experience cooking in the kitchen of the Relais & Chateaux restaurant Aureole in New York.
Search By Keyword
Known as an eco and adventure destination, this Central American...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.