Passion Points: Food/Wine
Cliff Lede Vineyards 1473 Yountville Cross Rd., Yountville; 707-944-8642 www.cliffledevineyards.com
One of the latest trends among wine lovers is blending your own wine. At Cliff Lede Vineyards, over a three-day period, five couples blend their own signature barrel (ten cases per couple). The wine is shipped to them several months later, after bottling. The $15,000-per-couple program includes a two-night stay at the charming Poetry Inn, transportation via limousine, meals and the cost of domestic shipping for the wine.
Mayo Family Winery 13101 Arnold Dr., Glen Ellen; 707-849-4041 www.blendingcellar.com
At the Mayo Family Winery, you can blend your own wine from five primary Bordeaux varietals and create customized labels, all in just over an hour. The blend is sent to the winery for production and later shipped to you. Bottles cost $40 each, with a minimum requirement of six bottles. By appointment only.
Read the destination report on Napa and Sonoma.
Learn about a recommended guide and wine tutor.
Read an insider report from Far Niente owner Beth Nickel.
Find a great car service in Napa.
Search By Keyword
While it may lack some of the charm of jetset...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.