Passion Points: Giving Back
The chic cylindrical bottles of Voss water can be spotted in the world’s hottest restaurants and hotels, but the company has another meaningful presence miles away from Gramercy Park Hotel and London’s Hakkasan: the rural villages of Sub-Saharan Africa. The four-year-old Voss Foundation has changed the lives of thousands of people in Africa by providing access to clean water in five countries. By building and maintaining wells, the organization not only helps prevent disease, but also relieves women and girls of the burden of water retrieval, allowing them to attend school and help further their communities.
Indagare spoke to Executive Director Kara Gerson about the charity’s accomplishments, the personal impact of overseeing such inspirational projects and tips on what not to miss when visiting the home of Voss: Oslo, Norway.
Which experience with the Voss Foundation has been most inspiring for you?
“A few times a year I get to visit the water projects we have sponsored and meet people whose lives we have changed. Seeing how drastically and rapidly futures are improving due to the availability of...
Search By Keyword
Its own continent but most often reached from South America....
To quote the renowned historian Alan Morehead, "Anyone who can...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.