Passion Points: Learning
In addition to the big name hotels, restaurants and shops, many of today’s high-end travelers crave the secret, authentic spots only a true insider can reveal. Fiona Caulfield—author of the Love India travel guide series and self-described travel junkie—is well-aware of this fact. Her beautiful book Love Delhi (available on the Indagare Souk) covers everything from the city’s best-loved restaurants to lesser-known gems, like an Old Delhi tea gallery run by chai masters and the best places for buying Indian miniature painting, fashion or Bollywood bling.
The title of Caufield’s series operates on multiple levels. For one, the books, which make wonderful gifts for anyone traveling to the subcontinent, are clearly a labor of love. Each one comes in a silk pouch, crafted by the Bangalore designer Sonali Sattar, and is handprinted and handbound in India on recyclable, non-bleached paper. In addition, the beautiful covers—all made from Tibetan raw silk—were developed by Sonam Dubal, currently one of the biggest names in Indian fashion. On another level, the title refers to the project’s philanthropic component....
Search By Keyword
This South American city is imbued with sophistication, generous hospitality...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.