Passion Points: Learning
For anyone who has ever been lost in the world of Jane Austen, the rolling hills, formal gardens and stately manor houses of the English countryside will be excitingly familiar to the highlights on the “Fine Art, Antiques and Collectibles” tour departing this April. Organized by The English Manner, the trip will be led by founder Alexandra Messervy, formerly of the Royal Household of Her Majesty the Queen, along with special guest speakers. Highlights include a stay at Bowood House, home to the marquis and marchioness of Lansdowne (who will also lead a private tour of Bowood’s historic grounds), and a trip to the 16th-century Abbey House, dominated by a Benedictine Abbey and today famous for the spectacular gardens that explode with 100,000 tulips in April and May. The trip will also include a visit to one of the great English houses, Stourhead, a talk on marble sculpture by specialist Nicholas Merchant, leisure time in historic Bath and a tour of Lacock, one of the best preserved villages in England. From April 16th – 19th, 2011.
For more information, a...
Search By Keyword
St Moritz has come roaring back. For an update on...
Like the French Riviera, Turkey’s southwester coast was “discovered” by...
Sophisticated living combined with a refreshingly laid-back California attitude in...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.