Passion Points: Learning
The history of the all-business-class airline is not a happy one: such ventures as Silverjet, EOS and L’Avion folded, went bankrupt and were bought out, respectively. One of the sole survivors—and a great service—is Open Skies, a subsidiary of British Airways that has been creating buzz in the travel industry. Opens Skies offers daily flights daily between Newark and Paris Orly and Washington, D.C. and Paris’ Orly.
Technically, it’s not one-class venture. Each flight offers two categories of seats: Biz Cabin, which offers reclining seats in a cabin that seats 72, and Biz Bed, which is a cabin of twelve seats that fold into flat beds. All other in-flight extras are business-class level, including dining, entertainment and business amenities. Open Skies also sends out helpful itineraries the day before the flight, including information about the flight crew, meals on board, the weather of your destination and check-in instructions. Open Skies has smartly hooked itself into France’s excellent TGV service and often offers special rates or even complimentary first-class train connections to such cities as Bordeaux, Strasbourg and Marseilles. For more information, visit Open Skies
Read about London City, the new service by British Airlines between New York and London that lets travelers skip ahead of immigration lines.
Read about Melissa’s trip to Paris with Air France’s Airbus A380
Search By Keyword
Amazing wildlife and sensational safari camps are keys to why...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.