Passion Points: Escape
INDAGARE’S GUIDE TO LAST-MINUTE HOLIDAY AVAILABILITY 2007
All of the openings listed are time-sensitive (many are recent cancellations) and will fill quickly. Act fast to reserve.
• Soneva Fushi & Gili: Two of the most stunning resorts in the Maldives, an archipelago in the Indian Ocean, still have very limited availability. At Soneva Fushi, two villas are open from December 20-30. At Soneva Gili, two residences are open from December 20-28. www.sixsenses.com.
• There’s availability at four of the acclaimed Evason resorts, including the one in Phuket (www.sixsenses.com), Hua Hin (www.sixsenses.com) and Samui (www.sixsenses.com). The boutique Evason Hideaway at Hua Hin (www.sixsenses.com) has has suites and villas left for the period between Dec 24-30.
• Rayavadee, located on a peninsula on the southern Krabi province, has 98 two-story pavilions spread across 26 acres. December is high-season in Thailand and the weather is dry and sunny. www.rayavadee.com.
• Evason Ana Mandara Villas: This unique 57-room resort, located in the rural highlands of Dalat, comprises seventeen fully restored French colonial villas. www.sixsenses.com.
Note: This is not the high season (that would be between May and October) so it will be slightly more humid and intermittently rainy. That said, some of the properties have good deals during this period.
• The Royal Estate, which is the largest villa at St. Regis Resort, Bora Bora, had a cancellation and is currently available over Christmas/New Years holiday. The largest villa in French Polynesia, this three-bedroom sits on its own private island within the resort and comes with a dining room, chefs kitchen, private pool beach, gym. 877-787-3447; www.starwoodhotels.com
• Le Taha’a Island Resort & Spa, a Relais & Chateaux property with 48 over-water suites and 12 beach villas, has some availability from Dec 24-30. www.letahaa.com.
• Bora Bora Cruises: Availability on their Dec 24th departure (trips are 6 nights). www.boraboracruises.com.
Search By Keyword
An insider's guide to Rio. Plus, learn about a family...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.