Passion Points: Escape
With June just around the corner, we have been getting numerous requests for villas and houses to rent all over the world. We’ve tracked down dozens of remarkable options and list some highlights below. To find your perfect match, contact us by email or phone at 212-988-2611. For tips on doing your own research through our site, read Finding Great Summer Rentals under News & Resources.
• Sailor’s dream: a recently-renovated seven-bedroom estate on Polpis Harbor • A six-bedroom house in town with a pool and spa • A six-bedroom house on an acre of land in Brant Point with harbor views and a tennis court
• Family favorite: a four-bedroom villa near Sonoma with a pool, pool house, hot tub, tennis courts, even a playground for children • For wine lovers: a five-bedroom villa in Glen Ellen, surrounded by vineyards, with a heated pool and hot tub • A five-bedroom villa on seven acres, just ten minutes from downtown Sonoma • A four-bedroom villa with a heated infinity pool, a bocce ball court and glorious views of Lake Hennessey • A five-bedroom villa just north of Calistoga with an infinity pool and hot tub (pictured above left)
• The perfect house party: a restored 15th-century villa between Siena and Florence with beautiful gardens and twelve bedrooms; sleeps up to thirty-five • A 14th-century hilltop country house with terraces and formal gardens near the historic town of Lucca; includes a heated pool, sauna, gym, tennis court and staff of three. The interior has classic details with modern amenities like air conditioning, a fax machine, satellite TV and a DVD player
• A six-bedroom villa with stunning views • Cottages at Il Pellicano, the area’s top hotel • A five-hundred-acre Porto Ercole estate with three homes that can host the ultimate house party.
• A six-bedroom villa with oak beams, terracotta floors, exposed stone walls and private gardens • A newly-renovated five-bedroom country house with a pool and patio near Palma • Read about other villas in Mallorca and Ibiza on our recent round-up of what’s new in Spain.
• A six-bedroom villa with four posters and marble-tiled baths
• A classical French-style four-bedroom villa with a large flagstone terrace
BEAVER CREEK, COLORADO
• A mountaintop four-bedroom cabin with rustic charm and modern amenities, including a professional kitchen and flat-screen televisions
Search By Keyword
From super-future cities to remote countryside, China offers an incredible...
The Pacific Northwest has a refreshingly quirky spirit and best...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.