Passion Points: Escape
INDAGARE’S GUIDE TO LAST-MINUTE HOLIDAY AVAILABILITY 2008
One of the benefits of Indagare membership is that we will scout out the best places with rooms left during the holidays and hold options for you. Please note these may go quickly and some have minimum-day requirements. To secure preferential rates and special amenities, contact our Bookings Service at 212-988-2611.
Como Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri has just fifteen guest houses spread on a twenty-three acre property. The serene Uma Ubud is located near the town of Ubud, which has been described as Bali’s creative and spiritual center.
Six Senses, the acclaimed hotel company with an eco-conscience, has availability in their beach-chic properties in Koh Samui, Hua Hin, Yao Noi and at the brand-new destination spa in Phuket. www.sixsenses.com
Butterfield & Robinson still has space on several trips, including one from Thailand to Laos. Ride elephants, bike through forests, explore the ancient capital of Chiang Saen and visit the National Museum in Luang Prabang, while meeting the locals and enjoying their cuisine. www.butterfield.com
Another Butterfield & Robinson adventure: bicycle through the Cape Point Nature Reserve while watching antelope and baboons, kayak alongside dolphins and penguins, taste local vintages, and watch all kinds of wild animals with a professional guide. www.butterfield.com
Several of the South Pacific’s most beautiful properties are available, including the luxe Le Taha’a, on a private island, the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort and Raiatea Hawaiki Nui Hotel, a diver’s dream base.
The Park Hyatt Mendoza, in the center of the Andean town, is a great base for wine aficionados and foodies who want to explore the region’s bounty. mendoza.park.hyatt.com
Search By Keyword
A fascinating mix of tradition and contemporary life, 1,200-year-old Kyoto...
Family vacation can be equal parts learning and leisure when...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.