Passion Points: Spa/Wellness
The inspiration behind Kahina-Giving Beauty, a new skin care brand, came to founder Katharine L’Heureux during a trip to Morocco when she visited a cooperative in the southwest of the country where women were producing argan oil. Produced from the Morocco’s endemic argan tree, the oil is naturally rich in Vitamin E, has numerous medicinal qualities and is known for its rejuvenating and anti-bacterial attributes. Woman in Morocco have used it for generations; L’Heureux learned about it only on this trip.” It occurred to me that I could produce a great skin care line and help these women,” she says. “I loved the idea of women connecting with women across the world through shared beauty rituals.” Her plan is for Giving Beauty to source essential ingredients from women’s cooperatives and that the company will then donate ten percent of the profits to support initiatives to improve the lives of the workers. Born and raised in San Francisco, L’Heureux is also an outspoken proponent for sustainability and natural living (she’s a partner at the family-owned Vine Hill Ranch vineyard in Napa). Indagare spoke to L’Heureux, about Kahina and her travels in Morocco.
Read the interview with L’Heureux about Kahina.
Read about her favorite places in Morocco and Napa.
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.