Passion Points: Spa/Wellness
New York City-based Banyan Education, founded by yogi and meditation teacher Harshada Wagner, is hosting a special trip to Mozambique this June. The seven-day retreat will focus on meditation and inner well-being, as well as exploring the stunning landscapes of this east African country (Mozambique borders South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzaia). The small group will be based in luxurious tented safari camps in Gorongosa National Park, home to a great diversity of animals and plants, some of which are found nowhere else in the world. Some of the highlights of the trip will include expert-led wildlife tours on foot in the African bush; meditating in the wild landscapes and morning yoga on the savanna.
Says Connecticut-based photographer Miki Duisterhof, who began studying with Harshada two years ago and who has traveled twice to India with Banyan Education: “The organization was founded as a way to reach out to people through private sessions, workshops, retreats, classes. Living Meditation is an easy way to connect to your heart and inner power and allows for amazing transformation.” As for first-timers intimidated by the idea of meditation (for some, the idea of sitting still for five minutes, let alone an hour, can be daunting), Duisterhof says: “Harshada’s approach to teaching makes meditation appealing and easy. He brings ease, love, humor, insight and wisdom in all he does. Studying with him I realized the smallest shift in your thinking can make the biggest difference.”
Prices for the June trip start at $2,497. To learn more about the June trip, as well as other upcoming events, visit Banyan Education Web site at: www.banyaneducation.com.
Read a member postcard on an island escape in Mozambique
Read about Azura a beach retreat in Mozambique
Search By Keyword
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.