Passion Points: Spa/Wellness
The French ski resort Les Houches is a fifteen-minute drive from Chamonix but it’s so much prettier and more serene—the perfect setting for delightful Les Granges d’en Haut, a brand-new destination spa, hotel and chalet property. Hole up here after (or instead of) a day on the slopes for massages using organic Dr. Hauschka products and face and body treatments by Deep Comfort. There’s a stunning pool, cozy sauna, high-tech gym and yoga classes on a terrace overlooking the brightest blue skies and Mont Blanc. The fourteen chic chalets each have four bedrooms, open fireplaces, a kitchen and private sauna. It’s all impossibly good-looking—leave it to the French—and chalet guests also have access to hotel services like daily cleaning, private chefs and a fabulous restaurant and bar. It’s great for families and there are nannies on call if you need them. If you can drag yourself away, the powdery slopes surrounding Les Houches are easy enough for beginners (there are lots of children strutting their stuff) and hard enough for advanced skiers. Go soon before everybody catches on.
Read about Body & Soul boot camp in Brazil
Read a member postcard on the Ashram
Read a review of Miraval in Sedona
For advice or information on spa programs or to book a spa trip, contact our bookings department by calling 212-988-2611 or by sending an inquiry.
Search By Keyword
To quote the renowned historian Alan Morehead, "Anyone who can...
The French islands of Porquerolles and Port-Cros offer breathtaking cliffs,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.