Passion Points: Spa/Wellness
We picked Ojai Valley Inn & Spa as the best place for a Girlfriends’ Getaway for the February issue of InStyle.
Why it’s special: A recent $90-million renovation has rejuvenated this historic hideaway (Wallace Neff designed the original buildings in the early 20th century), which is tucked into the foothills of the Topa Topa Mountains. Many of the 308 rooms come with fireplaces and terraces and stunning mountain views. Grey’s Anatomy fans will know the Spanish colonial-style hotel, which sits on 220 acres, as the place where Dr. Montgomery (a.k.a Kate Walsh) celebrated her wedding last September.
Activities: From the expected (hiking, golfing and fishing) to the artistic (painting and diary classes). There’s also a state-of-the-art fitness center and a championship golf course.
What not to miss: The signature spa treatment is the Kuyam, which combines a mud treatment with inhalation and a guided meditation.
Wow factor: The newly renovated 31,000 square-foot-Spa Ojai.
What to bring back: Bohemian yoga and loungewear by local designer Love Tan Jane, sold at the spa’s gift store.
Special package: To celebrate its tenth anniversary the spa has a three-night package of treatments and servcies, including a 100-minute massage and upgraded room.
What else is included:
- Consultation with Spa Ojai’s Spa Concierge, who will personalize your treatment regimen and oversee your daily spa activities.
- One 100-minute Only in Ojai massage with your choice of massage therapy
- One 50-minute facial treatment of your choice
- One 50-minute body scrub: Select from one of Spa Ojai’s seasonal scrubs, like spring’s Pixie Tangerine Body Scrub, or the Pomegranate Honey Pearl Body Polish or Moroccan Mint Sugar Scrub.
- One Spa Ojai signature Kuyam mud treatment
- One apothecary workshop at the Artist’s Cottage to blend your own personalized essential oil to use in your massage treatment
- One life-enriching workshop offered at the Artists Cottage, like The Mandala.
- Daily lunch in the Spa Café
- Complimentary access to the Spa’s sauna, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi tubs, and two outdoor swimming pools
- Special welcome amenity and Spa Ojai locker amenity
Rates begin at $1,650 per person, double-occupancy, and excludes taxes and gratuities.
Search By Keyword
Chiang Mai means “a million rice field kingdom,” and those...
The mountainous island in the West Indies is transforming into...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.