Passion Points: Spa/Wellness
The newest project of Sandra Zwollo, the founder of cool Marrakech bookstore-cum-restaurant Café du Livre, combines wellness, beauty and relaxation with a strong focus on giving back. Harem, which opened in early 2010, is a wellness resort and spa designed as a pampering, rejuvenating sanctuary for women with busy lives and little time to focus on themselves. To visit Harem, set in a 12-acre private estate outside the city center, you sign up for a week-long retreat, and days are based around spa visits, introductions to meditation and yoga, relaxation by the pool, and enjoying expertly prepared healthy cuisine. The itinerary also includes sight-seeing excursions, including a shopping tour of the souks and cultural performances. Each retreat week has a maximum of fourteen female guests, making for an extraordinarily intimate and powerful experience—and one that gives back to the local community. Eighty percent of the retreats’ profits go to one of the local orphanages; Sandra is passionate about the education of local girls and this new project actively supports this goal.
Harem was founded on the belief that women...
Search By Keyword
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s...
The French islands of Porquerolles and Port-Cros offer breathtaking cliffs,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.