Senior Content Editor
Indagare is looking for a Senior Digital Editor to lead thel brand’s digital content strategy and editorial practices. Reporting into the VP of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Content Editor will manage the day-to-day editorial process including assigning, editing, publishing and gauging engagement. They will be responsible for maintaining editorial excellence on the company website, developing digital content strategy for Indagare's newsletters and Social Media platforms. This role will also contribute to the development of printed materials, PR messaging and content-partnerships strategy. The right candidate should have a passion for travel, believe in the power of community and have an insatiable drive for storytelling. Read More | Apply
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee editorial planning and production for all of company digital content including e-newsletters, website and social media channels.
- Partner with VP of Marketing and Creative Director to develop new content formats and franchise opportunities that engage audience and drive the company’s expertise (online, magazine, e-Newsletter, social media)
- Manage all aspects of production of E-Newsletters from lineup development to deployment. Oversee assigned team members and Digital Designer to ensure deadlines are met and assets are properly tested prior to sending.
- Stay up-to-date on broad travel trends and constantly read company owned data to influence editorial planning and output. Ensure the company is timely and topical with destination, hotel and travel news coverage across all platforms
- Be the gatekeeper of the company editorial voice and standards. Conduct quarterly training with team members, staff writers and external consultants/agencies.
- Lead the editorial team’s SEO strategy – following best practices and partnering with IT to identify site performance issues as they arise.
- Frequently meet with Travel Specialists to understand member motivations and destination-specific intel that will contribute to planning/reporting,
- Partner with Marketing to contribute to partnership ideation (paid and non-paid). Oversee branded/paid content execution.
- Oversee Editorial Budget
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of experience working for a media company or major website that generates original content, preferably in the travel space
- Deep experience working on websites, headlines, original reporting, interviewing skills, video scripts, and social media copy
- A high degree of proficiency in analyzing data from web and social reporting tools; Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc…
- Excellent organizational skills – you can manage a broad range of projects and never miss a deadline
- Experience with Photoshop and Hubspot
- Video editing skills a bonus, but not required
- Experience interacting with executive leaders
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY